The Annual Hamden Senior Holiday Gift Run will take place Wed., Dec. 19 at the Hamden Senior Center.
Immediate use items and cash contributions will be collected now through Dec 17.
WQUN AM 1220, VNA Community Healthcare Community Outreach, Quinnipiac Bank and Trust Company and Hamden’s Miller Senior Center have teamed up together again to organize the 3rd annual Hamden Senior Holiday Gift Run. Now through Dec. 17 items and cash contributions will be collected at various locations.
HSHGR will take place Wed., Dec. 19 from 11:30-1 p.m. at the Miller Senior Center, 2901 Dixwell Ave., Hamden (snow date is 12/21). Items will be gift wrapped and distributed during the celebration.
The main goal of the HSHGR is to ensure some of our senior friends experience the spirit of the holiday season.
New items needed would include (but not limited to):
- Gloves; Hats; Scarves; Non-Skidded Socks; Snuggies/Lap Blankets
- Cash Donations; Checks should be made out to “Hamden Senior Holiday Gift Run.” Along with any gift that comes from the heart
Items and cash contributions can be dropped off Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at:
- VNA Community Healthcare 2319 Whitney Ave. One Hamden Center, 4th Floor
- Quinnipiac Bank and Trust Company, 2600 Dixwell Ave., Hamden
- Miller Senior Center Contacts 2901 Dixwell Ave., Hamden (ITEMS ONLY)
- Quality Subaru 711 North Colony Street Wallingford
- Lucian’s Florist & Greenhouse 2468 Whitney Avenue Hamden
- Wentworth Homemade Ice Cream 3697 Whitney Avenue Hamden
For more information, contact:
VNA Community Healthcare Community Outreach
203-985-1549 Jo Ann Begley
Miller Senior Center
203-287-2547 Suzanne Burbage