Volunteers from Quinnipiac University's Law School will offer free tax preparation assistance to low and middle income Hamden residents at the Miller Memorial Library on Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on the following dates:
Feb. 16, 23; March 2, 9, 23, 30; April 6, 13.
No service will be available on March 16 due to spring break vacation.
Appointments are not necessary. People will be helped on a first come, first served basis.In order for the volunteers to assist you, you must bring with you the following items:
- Social Security cards for you, dependents and/or spouse
- Photo identification for yourself and your spouse
- All forms, W-2’s, and 1099’s
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- A copy of last year’s tax return (if you have it)
- Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (if you want it)
Volunteers will complete only simple 1040’s and will NOT be able to help those with investment incomes, military income or foreign incomes. Please bring all supporting documentation, otherwise the volunteers will not be able to assist you.
For more information, call 293-287-2680.
Interested in Hamden's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up forthe free Hamden Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.