Patch Picks is a new weekly feature that will clue you in to the hottest happenings in Hamden. This week we take a look at how to make Valentine's Day a day to remember.
1. Nothing says love more than a dozen roses, and here's where to get them: . Centrally located, family owned and full of beauty.
2. A gift certificate to a salon is sure to please. Try on Whitney Avenue or on Dixwell Avenue to give her a relaxing afternoon of beauty.
3. Let them eat cake from on Whitney Avenue.
4. Chocolates are nice, but add strawberries, bananas and pineapple and it's even better. The bouquets at are so beautiful you won't want to eat them, but once you start you won't want to stop.
5. What would Valentine's Day be without a romantic dinner? Try on Whitney Avenue for authentic Mexican in a romantic atmosphere or for Italian fare.