The Hamden Arts, Recreation & Culture Department is offering a new series of bus trips to popular venues and exciting events in the northeast.
All fees include round-trip motorcoach transportation. For information or registration, call (203) 287-2579.
- Red Sox Baseball: Aug, 25, 7:10 p.m. ($89); Sept. 9, 1:35 p.m. ($89); Sept. 22, 1:35 p.m. (final weekend of the season at Fenway Park) 1:35 p.m. ($99). Price includes game ticket.
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island: Aug. 11 & Oct. 21. New audio tour for both historic venues. $75 ($63 for youth), includes cruise ferry. Trip also offers leisure time at the Chelsea Market (home of the Food Network).
- New York Yankees: Aug. 16. Enjoy a game in the luxury Audi Yankees Club Suite, offering plush seats, air conditioning, a panoramic view and an all-you-can-eat gourmet buffet and soft drinks. $235.
- Ground Zero & NY Yankee Stadium: Aug. 22. Walking tours of both sites, with time for lunch (on your own) at Chelsea Market ($81).
- St. Anthony's Feast, Boston: Aug. 25. Named the “Feast of all Feasts” by National Geographic Magazine ($57).
- Martha's Vineyard: Sept. 8. View the seaside village of Edgartown, the “gingerbread” houses in Oak Bluffs, and the quaint town of Vineyard Haven. Leisure time for lunch and shopping ($89).
- Brooklyn & the Bridge: Sept. 9. Tour historic parts of Brooklyn, including Brighton Beach and Coney Island Boardwalk, and visit famous movie locations like “Saturday Night Fever”; enjoy pizza and soda at one of two restaurants, and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge ($105).
- Cape Cod Central RR & Harbor Cruise: Sept. 16. Enjoy an elegant Sunday brunch on board the Cape Cod Central Railroad, followed by a leisurely cruise on the canal, and a visit to the Christmas Tree Shops ($119).
- New Hampshire Fall Foliage: Oct. 6. Cruise Lake Winnipesaukee on board the M/S Mount Washington. Have lunch on board the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad, and visit the Kellerhaus, New Hampshire's oldest candy and ice cream makers. ($121)
- Boston “On Your Own”: Oct. 13. Enjoy shopping or sightseeing on your own. Tour directorwill provide maps and restaurant listings ($77).
- New York City Food & Market Tour: Oct. 13. Weave your way through Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy, Chelsea Market and the Jewish Lower East Side, sampling as you go ($49).
- Salem, MA Haunted Happenings: Oct. 27. Visit either the Salem Witch Museum or the House of the Seven Gables, with leisure time to enjoy other haunted happenings around Salem. Maps, restaurant suggestions and event schedules will be provided ($59).
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, NY: Nov. 11. ($57)
- Beacon Hill Holiday House Tour: Dec. 6. Visit three private homes, brimming with holiday decorations. Leisure time for shopping at Quincy Market, Copley Place or on Newbury Street, and for lunch ($101).
- New York City “On Your Own” at Christmas: Dec. 8. See the city transformed into a wonderland at Christmas. Three possible stops are offered: Metropolitan Museum, Rockefeller Center and Macy's. Leisure time for lunch, shopping or sightseeing ($57).
- New York Botanical Gardens Holiday Train Show: Dec. 9. One of the most anticipated holiday traditions in New York City, this features a train ride through the wonderland of the conservatory, viewing models of 140 beloved New York landmarkds. Includes lunch buffet at the garden ($119).