The Hamden Economic Development Commission announces a speaker series for its 2013 meeting schedule. The series will offer a variety of topics important for the retention and growth of Hamden businesses.
“The Hamden Economic Development Commission looks forward to continue providing quality services to Hamden businesses by educating them on important topics they can use to grow," said Anthony Sacchetti, Chairman of the Hamden Economic Development Commission. "All business owners and Hamden Chamber members are welcome to attend our monthly meetings."
The Hamden EDC usually meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 530 p.m. at the Hamden Government Center in the third floor conference room.
The first three sessions are as follows:
- February 11th (Monday at 5:30 p.m.): Connecticut Commercial and Industrial PACE (C-PACE) Energy Program for small businesses. How to make your business energy efficient through a proposed new State program.
- March 12th (Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.): The Connecticut Community Investment Corporationand the Hamden Business Assistance Center will discuss SBA financing and technical assistance to help your business grow.
- Tuesday, April 9th (Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.): Workforce Training Programs: Step UpProgram and other opportunities and services for training employees.How to get access to funding to train employees.
Future Proposed Topics for 2013:
- Real Estate Market Analysis
- Business Tax Credits
- Data and Demographic Market Changes to Plan For the Future
- State Business Express (Grant and Loan) Program
- Natural Gas Growth Opportunities
- Import and Export Programs
- Web Site and Marketing
Business owners are welcome to recommend other ideas for speakers.
For additional information about the speaker series, to RSVP for the series and to learn more about the Hamden Economic Development Department and programs, contact Dale Kroop, Director, at 203-287-7033 or email@example.com or go to www.hamden-ct.com.